Fundraising Activities & Ideas
Fundraise for a Cure - Partner with CurePSP and Volunteer Today!
Become a member of Team CurePSP! You don’t need to be a fundraiser to raise funds – there are many creative ways to coordinate events. Whether you enjoy competing in sporting events, are thinking of hosting a silent auction, wine tasting, family yard sale, or another type of fundraiser, you can make a difference. Your fundraising event will support our vital programs and services such as patient, family and caregiver services, education for healthcare providers, funding worldwide research efforts and much more. In addition, the fundraiser will also create awareness of neurodegenerative diseases in your community.
Being a part of Team CurePSP gives you tools to make your fundraising event fun, productive and successful! To learn more about Team CurePSP or to become a “Team” member, click here.
Large Fundraising Ideas
- Walkathon: Walkathons are great public awareness events that can help educate communities about neurodegenerative diseases and also raise funds to support the services of CurePSP. Walking is an activity that is easy for almost anyone. The only equipment you need is you! Children and parents can participate together, which makes this an ideal activity for the entire family. Plus, with the emphasis on fitness, a walkathon is an excellent choice for recreational activity, while promoting public awareness. Contact the CurePSP Development Office to learn more about this exciting fundraiser.
- Golf Tournament: Golf tournaments offer many opportunities for fundraising while participants enjoy spending the day playing the most popular corporate sport in the United States. Many volunteers incorporate a silent auction and other fundraising activities to make this event even more enjoyable. Contact the CurePSP Development Office to learn more about this type of event.
- Wine Tasting: Wine tasting parties have become very popular and are an elegant way to spend an evening with friends and families. Many wineries offer special tours, paired with food and entertainment. Or, you can arrange to have a wine tasting party at a venue of your choice along with a silent auction. Local wineries usually donate the wines for each tasting and offer a discount rate to guests who choose to purchase their selections. Local restaurants will also donate appetizers and/or special desserts to make the evening even extra special. CurePSP can help you organize this fun-filled event.
CurePSP can assist you with resources to plan a Walkathon, Golf Tournament, Wine Tasting or any other event you may wish to coordinate. We have tools such as personalized webpages that will showcase your event, your very own donation page, sponsorship packages, and much more.
To set up a phone meeting and discuss your fundraising options, please contact Kathleen Matarazzo Speca at email@example.com or 1-800-457-4777,ext. 5672.
Other Fundraising Ideas
- Benefit Night at a Local Restaurant: Check in with your favorite restaurants or local hangouts. Many restaurants already have programs in place to help you fundraise at their establishment. Certain restaurant chains offer “Give Back” nights such as Applebee’s, Ruby Tuesday, Burger King and more. The restaurants usually donate a minimum of 10% to the charity; In addition, Outback and Carrabas offer free food and actually come to a facility of your choice, cook and serve the food to your guests. You in return develop the cost per person and promote the fundraising dinner giving recognition to Outback and/or Carrabas while raising awareness and funds for CurePSP.
- Used Book Sale: A more focused and versatile version of a garage sale. Ask everyone you know (co-workers, neighbors, family and friends) to donate any books they no longer wish to keep. Then, choose a time and place to have a used book sale — if not at your home; perhaps your local farmer’s market, school carnival or community fair.
- House Party: Host a fundraising party at your home for friends, family, co-workers, and neighbors. Share your personal story about PSP, CBD, or MSA. Ask your guests to support this endeavor with a specific donation in honor of or in memory of your loved one. Dinner parties are a great way to educate others about these neurodegenerative diseases and also raise funds to support the programs and services of CurePSP. We will provide you with educational materials, wristbands, car magnets and more.
- Silent Auction: Ask some local businesses to donate items or gift certificates and hold a silent auction at your fundraising event, or on a payday at work. Things like restaurant certificates, weekend get-aways, day of beauty, a book of car wash certificates, $10 off dry-cleaning, movie passes, play tickets, pet-grooming, a week of free coffee; etc., the list is endless! Set minimum donation limits and allow people to bid. Some items can be packaged such as hair stylists; pedicures, manicures, massage; all of which can be combined into a “day of beauty” package. Some walkers even get their place of business to agree to set up a silent auction for one item every Friday at work. They get something donated and the office has fun bidding on something new each week.
- Dinner Dance: Organize a dance theme; 50’, 70’s, 80’s or costume ball. Include a costume contest, silent auction, DJ, food, and more. Set a price per person and promote the event in advance through flyers, email blasts, etc. Get your local church, school or civic group to donate the hall/facility. Find sponsors who will underwrite the cost of the DJ, food, insurance, and other amenities. CurePSP will help you develop all your materials as well as provide sponsorship packets.
- Pancake Breakfast: Host a pancake breakfast at a school, park or place of worship. Charge a fee. Get the pancake mix and other food items donated by local stores. Make it an annual event.
- Bowling Party: Ask your local bowling alley to donate some lanes for a fundraising party. Invite your co-workers as a team-building experience, along with your family, friends and neighbors. Promote in advance for a reduced ticket price and charge an additional $5.00 at the door.
- Personal Vending Machine at Work: Have you ever wondered how much money the vending machine at work clears in a single week? Find out! Purchase some of the office favorites in bulk (or better yet have them donated!), mark up the price to retail and sell them from your desk; i.e. $1 or $2. If you have a way to keep them cold, do the same with bottled water and sodas.
- Your Travel Agency: Ask for a weekend getaway, promote a give-away, and collect donations.
- Hair Salon: Ask your hair salon if they will donate $2 from each haircut over the course of a week or weekend to CurePSP in honor of your loved one.
- Ask 10: Print mini donation cards with your story and ask 10 friends to donate 10 dollars each to reach a fundraising goal of 100 Dollars then ask them to pass the cards to 10 of their friends to do the same and so on. You started out sharing your story with ten people and could possibly help education hundreds of people about neurodegenerative diseases while raising funds for CurePSP.
- Spare Change: Ask your favorite restaurant or local pub to put out a jar for donations of spare change. Decorate it with quotes, pictures, CurePSP logos, etc. Stop by weekly to redeem the donations.
- Ask Your Neighbors: Write a note to all of the neighbors on your block or in your apartment building to ask for donations. Include a story of your loved ones battle with PSP, CBD, or MSA, why you are supporting CurePSP and your fundraising goal. CurePSP will send you handout materials to assist you with this awareness and fundraising project.
- Tribute Donations: Encourage your donors to make their donations in “honor of” or “in memory of” someone they know who has been affected by a rare disease. This is a great way to let them feel very much a part of your experience. For single donations of $100 or more; CurePSP will honor their loved one(s) with a special tribute plaque on our Recognition Wall at our website.
- Coins: Go to your local mall or shopping center and ask what they do with the coins in the fountain.
- Donation Recognition: Check with your employer and once approved, make up donation cards to promote support for CurePSP. Co-workers can sign their name or purchase the card in someone else’s honor. Hang the donation cards around your office in recognition to those that have supported your efforts or perhaps your employer may allow this display in the lunch room or lobby. CurePSP will provide you with our logo and other information you may need for this endeavor.
- Donation Location: Set up a table in front of your local grocery store. Get permission first, and then ask everyone who enters to support your efforts for CurePSP. While this doesn’t sound very glamorous, it’s very effective. Remember that in addition to raising much-needed funds, you are also playing an important role in raising awareness. Some volunteers give a token as a thank you to visitors who make a donation; perhaps a CurePSP wristband.
Local communities often have laws governing fundraising activities such as but not limited to, garage sales, fundraising postings, and other promotional activities. Please check with your local government before fundraising to make sure you are not violating any community laws. If you plan to post flyers in a public space (grocery stores, malls, parking lots, etc.) please fist check with the Property Manager.
CurePSP can assist you with resources to plan a Walkathon, Golf Tournament, Wine Tasting or any other event you may have; we have tools such as special donation pages and personalized webpages that can showcase your event. We can also help promote your event through social media and our website.
To discuss your fundraising options and event, please contact Kathleen Matarazzo Speca at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-457-4777, ext. 5672.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.