VICE PRESIDENT– DEVELOPMENT AND DONOR RELATIONS
CurePSP is seeking a Vice President – Development and Donor Relations to lead the foundation’s fundraising efforts. This position offers promotion opportunities for those qualified individuals with demonstrated leadership capabilities and proven performance.
CurePSP has established strong brand awareness under the umbrella of “prime of life” brain diseases. These include several related diseases that most often onset when a person is in her or his 50’s or 60’s.
CurePSP receives funding from about 8,000 current donors who respond to several direct mail and email campaigns each year. Other funding sources include bequests, corporate sponsorships, volunteer events, and revenue from partnerships with pharmaceutical companies who are running clinical trials.
CurePSP uses a suite of Blackbaud software tools for data management, email marketing, and running events.
CurePSP seeks a strong leader who can increase the productivity of its existing donor base, solicit new donors, and open up new sources of funding.
Strategic leadership and planning
- Help to foster an entrepreneurial culture that values urgency, decisiveness, efficiency, creativity, and testing of new ideas.
- Exercise a leadership role in creating a single-minded focus on customer service throughout the organization.
- Maintain and grow brand awareness around the differentiating Prime of Life platform. Work with the Marketing Manager to maintain the integrity of brand standards in all communication materials.
- Work with the Marketing Manager to manage and enhance content to make the website an effective sales tool.
- Work with the Marketing and Events team to create a strategy around events as an effective vehicle for fundraising. Create new events and grow existing events.
- Engage the board of directors in strategic initiatives and donor cultivation efforts.
- Establish and foster productive relationships and collaborative partnerships with other nonprofit organizations in neurodegeneration.
- Develop and cultivate strategic relationships with private sector enterprises including pharmaceutical and biotech companies.
Donor cultivation and fundraising
- Conceptualize and write direct mail and email fundraising appeals.
- Devise and test new approaches in direct mail and email marketing to increase the productivity of the existing donor base.
- Take responsibility for overall data hygiene, working with data processing staff.
- Become fully immersed in our Blackbaud suite of products, making sure we are leveraging our investment to the greatest extent.
- Test methods of donor acquisition including list rental and others.
- Use Blackbaud tools for reports on key metrics of acquisition, reacquisition, retention, giving levels, etc., for the President and board of directors.
- Develop segmentation strategies around:
- Funding initiatives for research, patient and care partner advocacy, and education and awareness
- Wealth ratings
- Large Donors
- Repeat donors
- Recognition opportunities
- Develop and implement a strategic approach for planned giving. Cultivate relationships that may lead to planned giving not limited to bequests.
- Cultivate foundations and corporations to open new opportunities for funding.
- Create and extend existing relationships with high-potential donors; cultivate these relationships through written correspondence, phone conversations, and in-person meetings. Manage the donor journey through all points of contact with the organization.
- Work with the VP-Events and our volunteer network in encouraging, conceptualizing, and implementing events. Attend larger events to further enhance relationships with our volunteers.
- Promote the organization and its cause through outside speaking engagements and participation in conferences.
Knowledge and Skills
- Exceptional personal and professional relationship skills with the ability to work effectively and as a team player with CurePSP staff and volunteers
- Superior command of the written and spoken language
- Confidence in public speaking
- Organized, methodical, and efficient
- Experience with Blackbaud products or similar sales-management software platform
- Ability to understand data, analyze it, and draw actionable conclusions
- Leadership and management skills to provide direction and inspiration
- Four-year college degree
- Minimum of five years relevant work experience, including proven success in nonprofit sales/fundraising
- Public speaking experience preferred
- Ability to travel (10%-15%)
- State driver’s license and proof of insurance
404 Fifth Avenue, Third Floor
New York, NY 10018