We need your help to pass the National Plan to End Parkinson’s Act!
CurePSP’s legislative advocacy efforts are centered around the primary goals of improving quality of life for people with progressive supranuclear palsy (PSP), corticobasal degeneration (CBD) or multiple system atrophy (MSA) and finding a cure for the diseases. While CurePSP’s full public policy agenda is currently in development and will be available soon, there are steps you can take now to become an advocate for the PSP, CBD and MSA community. Your voice and story matter!
Urge Congress to co-sponsor the National Plan to End Parkinson’s Act (H.R. 2365/S. 1064)
This bipartisan legislation, re-introduced in March 2023, will create an advisory council to coordinate federal efforts around the Parkinsonian diseases and report annually to Congress on the progress made to end the diseases. PSP, CBD and MSA are specifically named in this bill, marking an extraordinary move in increasing awareness of and support for these otherwise often under-recognized diagnoses. The bill will unite the community and the federal government in a mission to prevent and cure the Parkinsonian diseases, alleviate financial and health burdens on families, and ensure those living with the disease have access to the care they need. It has to the potential to:
- Dramatically increase federal research funding;
- Develop more effective pathways for treatments and cures;
- Improve early diagnosis;
- Spark new and improved models for patient care;
- Create standards and measures to prevent Parkinson’s disease, PSP, CBD and MSA;
- Address health disparities in diagnosis, treatment and clinical trial participation; and
- Enhance public awareness of the diseases.
CurePSP is a member of the Unified Parkinson’s Advocacy Council, in collaboration with the Michael J. Fox Foundation, and together, we need YOUR help to urge members of Congress to co-sponsor and support the National Plan to End Parkinson’s Act.
Take action now by contacting your policymakers:
Quickly and easily email them using this form and pre-written letter.
Call their offices using these instructions and customizable phone script.
Mail them these customizable letters (for house representatives, for senators)
- For security, congressional offices must follow certain procedures when it comes to postal mail. Contact the offices of your members of Congress and ask how to get your letter to them. You can find your representative’s contact information here and your senators’ contact information here.
This bill will go through the multi-step congressional process. CurePSP will be monitoring this process closely and will be looking to you, our community, for your ideas and contributions as the National Plan is developed and implemented. The first opportunity for advocacy is to increase the number of co-sponsors of the bill to demonstrate how important this bill is to our community and that we are counting on them to make H.R. 2365 and S.1064 a top priority. To make this happen, your policymakers need to hear why this bill is personal to you and the impact it would have for the PSP, CBD and MSA community.
Fill out the form below to send a message to your elected officials.
Share this quick fact sheet on the bill and this website with your friends and family and ask them to reach out to their policymakers too!
- Get answers to frequently asked questions about the bill.
- Read the bill directly: H.R.2365 / S.1064
- Understand the process for how a bill becomes a law.
- Sign up for CurePSP advocacy news and updates here.