CurePSP Respite Fund
CurePSP has created the Respite Fund to ease the financial burden of getting professional, in-home respite care. Our goal in developing the fund is to reduce the stress that is often experienced by care partners. While funds are limited, an individual having one of the diseases outlined in the eligibility requirements can receive up to $750 annually.
The Respite Fund is currently available only in the United States.
Individual must have a diagnosis of PSP, CBD or MSA. The diagnosis must be documented by a physician.
CurePSP is not responsible for locating and obtaining in-home respite care services from a licensed agency,
Only in-home respite services are reimbursable. The patient must be living at home or with a family member and not in an assisted living or nursing facility.
CurePSP is unable to reimburse for services in advance or make payment to an agency.
In-Home Respite Services
Examples of in-home respite services include the following:
- Personal care services or home health aide to provide assistance with bathing, dressing, toileting and exercising.
- Services to provide companionship and supervised activities.
- Services to help with cleaning, laundry, shopping and preparing meals.
For questions about the Respite Fund, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 347 294 2871.
To apply for the Respite Fund, please complete the application form below, and scan and upload the required receipts. As part of the application process, you must also complete a W-9 form (located at the bottom of this page) as CurePSP is required to report the reimbursement to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) as additional income. (Please consult a tax advisor with any tax-related questions.) Be sure to print out the W-9, scan the form, and upload it with your receipts.
If you are unable to scan your documents, please mail your complete contact information, copies of your receipts, and the completed W-9 form to:
CurePSP ATTN: Respite Fund 30 E. Padonia Road Suite 201 Timonium, MD 21093
- To begin the application process, please submit the information below and attach a W-9.
- Once we receive this information, you will be sent an email acknowledging that you are signed up for the Respite Grant.
- It is important not to delay the start of services. Reimbursement must be used within the calendar year it is received.
- To complete the application process, please send the following via email or fax:
- A statement indicating the patient’s diagnosis as verified by a physician.
- An invoice for services showing that they were paid in full.
- The name, address, and phone number of the individual the check should be made out to
- Copies of receipts detailing services provided and indicating payment in full must also be submitted.
- Multiple receipts can be submitted; however total reimbursement cannot exceed $750.
- By applying for and receiving any respite funds, the applicant acknowledges that CurePSP assumes no liability and takes no responsibility for the quality of care provided.
Please be advised that CurePSP is required to report the reimbursement to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) as additional income. Any questions about this should be discussed with a tax advisor.